Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia

Welcome to Kota Kinabalu , Malaysia!!!


Touchdown! Welcome to Kota Kinabalu!


We (me and a friend) arrived at the airport at around 1:30 am, pretty early for touring so I had to check in to our place, Borneo Backpackers in the meantime while I wait for the perfect time to explore this special place that I have been hearing good things about.

We arrived pretty late and we are not sure how we will get to our destination by just getting a cab and giving the address of the place that I found in Agoda. So what we did was to stop by the local store inside the airport and take a hot soup for MYR (Malaysian Ringgit local currency) 2.40 which by the way is 16.40 converted to Philippine peso as of the day we arrived in Malaysia. While we were unsure of what to do as first timers in the location, I tried to find someone who may be able to help us with directions so I approached one of the immigration officers who also happens to be at the store. So he advised us to go to the dispatching desk who will be able to help us out in finding a teksi (woot, yeah sounds like sexy! lol!) and that it would cost us MYR 40 to get to the place (so, me counting again, that's P656, lol funny me). It has always been my habit to convert unlimitlessly since I started travelling in 2007.


That was when I found out that it will take us roughly 15 minutes to get to the place which will also cost us MYR 40. So while thinking of the best thing to do at 2am, someone approached us, his name is Emmet who happens to be one of the immigration officers. He offered to take us to Borneo Backpackers. Amazingly, we got there in just 3 mins... not far so we will walk our way back to the airport when it's time to go to the next destination.




Their motto is home away from home and they have lived up to their motto. Although this is not your typical 3 to 5 star hotel, this is more like a house with several rooms that you can rent from MYR 116 per night.

Just so you can check out what's in this place, I would like to share with you some of the pictures that I took during this trip.


Kinabalu Beach
this beach is roughly 2-3 minutes away from where we stayed and what's best is that you do not need to pay anything to get to this beach... =)






Although not as white as the sands of Boracay here in the Philippines, it is still nice and fine...



T'was a joy to have witnessed the sunset at Kinabalu...





Pictures below were taken as we were on our way to Kinabalu Mountain which was a wooping 3 hours drive, here were some of the glimpse of the trip...


























My lunch was all curry and for someone who is not a fan of curry, lunch was not so exciting... lol! I enjoyed the fried chicken though... hahahaha!







Our next stop was the Hot Spring...







That's it for today, I will still be uploading a whole lot of pictures the coming days... hope you enjoyed a part of my trip... =)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your Comments Here! Thank you for dropping by! =)