Monday, February 17, 2014

Letting Go...

We recently had a death in the family, my Cousin. He was not as close to me as before but since he arrived here in the Philippines last year, it has been a meaningful encounter everyday we get to talk.

With his passing, I have realized a whole lot of things in life and about life.

This is one of the last days that I have before we totally turn his rented house over to the owner and disposing his things was not as tough as I thought it would be.

So why am I writing this? 'Cause I have learned vital things in life like:

"Condolence" is a 10 letter word but has a different meaning when it comes from a friend

That you never should attach yourself to material things but instead to people around you who loves you unconditionally

That you will never be happy knowing that you have stepped on someone else

That true friend will be with you to comfort you in difficult times, not only when they need you

That you will never be able to take anything with you when you die, not even a single cent.

That no matter how many times people will cry for your loss, you will always be remembered by how many times you made them laugh, cry and shared secrets.

That we do not know when our time will be up, so it will be best to show love for those who needs it most and for those who needs it less. 

Having many friends is an advantage but in difficult times, try not to expect for you to avoid getting hurt. I may not be perfect but at least I know I am true, to the best of my knowledge. I am a bit disappointed with some friends but I figured out that there are still people who appreciates me and the things that I do for the family... I will always dwell on the happy things in my life rather than live in a sea of misery cause what is important is what is in one's heart... truest of true...

Goodbye Kuya Butch... rest in Peace...

Vilmo P. Gamao Jr.       04/09/1950 - 02/07/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your Comments Here! Thank you for dropping by! =)