Sunday, October 6, 2013

Romans 12:19 “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord”



I received a very special message this morning from a good friend who never tires out in sending me life’s reminders from Heaven. Upon reading the message, I couldn’t help but pause and think of how amazing this message is. I was brought up as a devout Catholic and prayers have always been my refuge. I may not be perfect, but hey, who is? I may fail Him sometimes or oftentimes but I make sure to say “sorry” and then try my best not to do the same mistake again.

This very powerful message that I received somehow gave me assurance that justice will be served to whoever needs it. I would like to share this message with all of you…



Romans 12:19

Beloved, never avenge yourself, but leave it to the wrath of GOD, for it is written…

            “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord”

All of you have been wronged at one time or another. Most of you, probably, have been wronged seriously by someone who has never apologized or done anything sufficient to make it right. And one of the deep hindrances to your letting that hurt and bitterness go is the conviction – the justified conviction- that justice should be done, that the fabric of the universe will unravel if people can just get away with the horrible wrongs and deceive everyone.

That is one of the hindrances to forgiveness and letting grudges go. It’s not the only one. We have our own sin to deal with. But it is a real one. We feel that just to let it go would be to admit that justice simply won’t be done. And we can’t do it.

So we hold on to anger, and play the story over and over again with the feelings: It shouldn’t have happened; it was wrong; it was wrong. How can he be so happy now when I am so miserable? It is so wrong!

The word in Romans 12:19 is given to us by God to lift that burden from us. Laying down the burden of anger, laying down the practice of nursing our hurt with the feelings of being wronged – laying that down – does not mean there was no great wrong against us. It does not mean that there is no justice. It does not mean that we will not be vindicated. It does not mean they just got away with it. NO.

It means that when you lay down the burden of vengeance, GOD will pick it up!

This is not a subtle way of getting revenge. This is a way of giving vengeance to the one to whom it belongs.  It is taking a deep breath, perhaps for the first time in decades, and feeling like right now at last you may be free to love…

“When God’s Wrath Is Your Comfort”

They say that God is fair to both good and evil people, He must be, because all these years He has been so good to us... Allowing us to repent from our sins just so we can get the everlasting life. But I think that God also has a way of sending the message across of not to inflict hurt for you to avoid having to go through the same. God is fair and just and I will always trust in His mighty hand ...  =)

Thank you Tin for this wonderful message! I miss you… =)

1 comment:

  1. You're most welcome ate Loree! That message is from Pastor John Piper ate.. (Solid Joy) God trully is good for giving us Hope in Him and Him alone through Jesus Christ his Son. (John 3:16)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your Comments Here! Thank you for dropping by! =)