Thursday, February 14, 2013

My (not-so) Happy Valentines Day!


It’s Valentine’s Day, one of the special days for most lovers and those who want to be in love. Probably the most special day for those who will receive proposal and for those who are getting married. Yes, most Filipinos actually celebrated this day with a flaming red color. We Filipinos are very romantic and passionate, which is why this is a very special day for most… but not for me. I am into some domestic issues and it’s affecting everything. I don’t despise this day, don’t get me wrong… It’s just that I’m getting tired of some things. And I’d hate to admit but I do think that the statement “when it rains, it pours” is true. I have been having issues at home, in the office and almost on all aspects in life. I’m in a situation where I least wanted.

So, instead of spending this day at the corner of our house, I decided to dig into my DVDs and find me a good movie. I don’t feel like watching anything until I stumbled upon my Ally McBeal collection and decided to spend the day with Ally.

Meet Ally...



For most of you who are not familiar with this series, it was set in the fictional Boston law firm Cage and Fish, begins with main character Ally joining the firm (co-owned by her law school classmate Richard Fish) after leaving her previous job due to sexual harassment. On her first day Ally is horrified to find she will be working alongside her ex-boyfriend Billy Thomas, who she has never got over - and to make things worse, Billy is now married to fellow lawyer Georgia, who later joins Cage and Fish too. The triangle between the three forms the basis for the main plot for the show's first three seasons.

Below is the cast of the series... let's see if you can find Billy =)




Ally has her ups and downs and no matter what she’s into, she’s still incomplete. Kindda like the person who is always in constant search for something/someone that’s never there.

I would like to share with all of you some of the most unforgettable lines in the series.

“I like being a mess. It's who I am.”

“However much I know otherwise part of me has always felt that life has no real meaning until you get to share it with somebody. Maybe that's what I'm afraid of: my life finally taking meaning or suddenly becoming void of it.”

“If you see me walking with someone else,
It’s not because I like his company
It’s because you’re not brave enough to walk beside me…”

“I have a friend who refuses to get a pet because he says in the end they die and it's just too hard... maybe it's the same with relationship.”

“There are some people who meet that somebody that they can never stop loving, no matter how hard they try. I wouldn't expect you to understand that, or even believe it, but trust me, there are some loves that don't go away. And maybe that makes them crazy, but we should all be lucky enough to end up with somebody who has a little of that insanity. Someone who never lets go, someone who cherishes you forever."

“The wrong ones can’t hurt you. It’s the right ones.”

And the undying line that came from the love of her life, Billy…

“I did love you. Problem was you couldn't recognize it. Love is wasted on you because you'll always be unhappy, that's why I left. You may go through your good times, but we both know the place you'll always go back to. I couldn't have pulled you out of your world; you would have pulled me into yours."
                                            
It’s still a good thing out of a thousand wastes that I watched some of Ally’s misfits because I now feel somehow that I am blessed to be the person that I am. That no matter what happened in the past, I am still the same person that I used to be. I have always been grateful for all the things and people that I have in my life. Although I am in a less of a favorable situation, I still am happy that I have some good things going on in my life…

Turns out, it’s not too late to have a Happy Valentine’s Day… so I thought, why not spend the rest of the day out with the kids… =)



















Photos were taken at Hungry hippo in Pacita Complex, San Pedro, Laguna

Happy Valentine’s Day to All!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your Comments Here! Thank you for dropping by! =)