Tuesday, February 19, 2013

When I Feel Frustrated


What is Frustration?
Frustration is a form of poorly expressed anger.



At one point in our lives we all came to a point when we got frustrated maybe because of family, friends, colleagues, boss, acquaintances, work, or maybe because of some uncertainties that life has to offer, or for whatever reason one may have, it is something that we all have in common.
Being frustrated entails a whole lot of emotions and reactions including, but not limited to anger, rage, silence, defiance, confusion and a whole lot more. It is not easy to deal with this complex emotion particularly if you are in a position in which you are incapable of containing yourself because it might cause more harm than good.

There maybe times when I am unable to control how I feel and during these crucial moments, here are the things that I usually do…

I usually send the message across the individual by talking to the person.
I write, write and write (which is also the reason why I have so many pending posts! LOL)
I walk away (if talking does not resolve things)
I find time to talk to someone (a trusted person who will understand my level of frustration)

What I usually do not do is to put justice in my own hands (just kidding LOL!) But kidding aside, I have least control of myself and previous to learning about anger management, I was a mess. Turns out, it is not a problem with the world, but a problem on how I look at the world. The whole thing cleared out the moment I understood what the problem was. And to impart with you all what I learned about my frustrations, here are some itsy bitsy things that you might find useful whenever you feel frustrated.

Do a “Counter thought”
Example: “this person is so mean that she says the most hurtful words ever, I hate her!”
Counter thought: “it’s good that I have good friends who make me feel that I am worth their time, this girl only has a few and she doesn’t even know if she can trust them.”

Breathe deeply and count when you feel a bout of frustration coming on.

Look for the triggers that cause you to feel frustration and from there look for ways on how you will attack a situation.

Sometimes, bad thoughts confuse your mind but it's not your fault! Evaluate your family, friends, and the people around you, and stay away from people that make you feel negative or unhappy.

Another good thing to keep in mind:
Prepare for the worst but hope for the best - the former makes you sensible, and the latter makes you an optimist.

When we contribute a little love in this world and plant it to every person's heart, there is no way that we can stop that from growing... I hope and pray that we can all work together to make this world a better place to live in for our kids, for the future generation... =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your Comments Here! Thank you for dropping by! =)