Sunday, September 1, 2013

4 Things You Forgot To Be Grateful For...



I recently had a tough and challenging month due to a wide variety of reason that I almost forgot how it is to laugh… I was into a situation where no one wants to be and I lost focus. I almost lost my passion for work, my sense of humor and my sanity. But life must go on and soon, I will have to face everything head on… even the people involved in it...



And just in time, I got this message from my manager. This was actually a message sent out to everyone in the office that I would like to share with all of you…




“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.”

The familiar faces, places and situations you rely on daily.

As they say, “We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.”
Have you ever noticed that the more familiar you become with an amazing person, a beautiful place, or an ideal situation in your life, the more you seem to take it for granted?  It’s like you somehow believe life is supposed to be this way – like it won’t ever change.  And most of the time, all the maintenance these wonderful things need is a little time, attention, and deliberate appreciation.
So how often do you pause to appreciate your life and everyone and everything in it?  How often do you stop dead in your tracks and think, “Wow, thank you”?

What your daily struggles are teaching you.

Challenges are what make life interesting; working to overcome them is what gives life meaning.
Failure and struggles keep you humble, success and achievement keep you glowing, but only faith and determination keeps you going.  So stay focused, and celebrate your efforts too, not just your outcomes.
Remember that the opposite of failing is not succeeding; the opposite of failing is trying.  Your daily efforts are what make it all possible.  Appreciate what they teach you, even when they don’t lead you to an ideal outcome.

The gift of now.

In between all your goals, priorities, obligations, and everything else that might appear on one of your upcoming to-do lists, there are moments called “life” that still have to be lived and enjoyed.
The trick is to make the very best of now, and value it for what it’s worth.  In other words, don’t wish all your time away by waiting for better times ahead.  Smile, right now, because you can. 

The way every moment is a new beginning.

If you feel stressed and stuck, let go, take a deep breath and appreciate the fact that this moment is a new beginning.  Stop thinking about what might have been and starting looking at what can be.  Right now is a perfect time to start over.  This moment is a brand new opportunity to rebuild what you truly want.
There are three little words that can release you from your past struggles and regrets and guide you forward to a positive new beginning.  These words are: “From now on…”

~problem with me sometimes is that I love to hold on to things, people, events and even memories that hurts me most... maybe it's time to let go of the past hurts so that I can open my hand to receive the new blessings of God and start the process of healing... then maybe someday when I look back, those same hurt will make me smile and say "im glad I had those cause without it, I could not have tried harder..." =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your Comments Here! Thank you for dropping by! =)